5 Summer Skin Care Tips for Your Private Label Skin Care Line
- Posted on: Aug 11 2021
Water. It’s the very molecule that comprises 65% of our body. And it’s this same molecule that determines how well, or not so well, our cells age – dictating everything from athletic performance to overall health to the look and feel of our skin. In fact, many believe that dehydration is the main culprit for rapid aging. At Trilogy Labs, we understand the importance of this elixir of life and how water assumes an even greater role in the nourishment of our bodies during the summer heat.
Trilogy offers summertime sun solutions because applying topicals can be more effective than drinking excess water. Consider private labeling products with specialty ingredients that keep skin hydrated and in its healthiest state of glow!
1. Heavy Water to the Rescue
Heavy Water is deuterium oxide (D2O). Deuterium is an isotope of Hydrogen and weighs 10% more than water. It has a higher resistance to evaporation which helps it stay on the skin for longer periods of time. It is more viscous than water giving it a higher “plumping” effect than regular water and the skin does not dry out as quickly or as deeply. D2O requires ten times as much energy to be ionized as H2O making it more protective against UV radiation. By inactivating certain acne bacteria, D2O is an ideal moisturizing agent for blemish-prone skin. You can find this unique ingredient in the following Trilogy Laboratories’ products:
- Botanical Toner
- Oxygen Toner
- Glycolic Toner
- Magic O2 Mask
2. Extra Plumping Moisturizers
Not all creams are created equal. When the heat is on, look for ingredients that can hold water but that are not heavy, oily, or occlusive. Some top performers include Hyaluronic Acid and Sodium Hyaluronate. These miraculous molecules can hold 1,000 times their weight in water making them great at trapping moisture on the surface of the skin while not trapping heat and oil inside. Trilogy also uses another hydration hero in their private label skincare line called Pentavitin®. The extra plumping power of this plant-derived saccharide binds water within the deeper layers of the epidermis helping it hold moisture long after the product is washed away. Some of our private label skincare products that contain this super hydration are:
- Blue Tansy Maskne Mist
- Detox Blast
- Corrective Eye Serum
- HA Serum with Peptides
- Screen Saver Serum
- Sleep & Shield Mask
3. Exfoliation for Deep Hydration
Most faces have an extra 30 layers of dead cells hanging around making it difficult for products to penetrate down to the deeper layers of skin where they do their best work. Exfoliation helps to remove that build up revealing fresh skin therefore helping moisturizing products to be more effective.
There are three ways to effectively exfoliate skin and a myriad of products to private label in each category:
- Physical Scrubs – that contain Jojoba Beads, crushed Walnut Shells, or Bamboo Stem Powder.
- Citrus Scrub
- Body Polish
- Brown Sugar and Mango Butter Body Scrub
- Chemical Exfoliants – that contain Alpha or Beta Hydroxy Acids such as Glycolic, Lactic, or Salicylic.
- Glycolic 5% and 10% Exfoliating Lotion
- Hydrating AHA 12% Exfoliating Gel
- Blueberry Peel
- Enzymatic Exfoliants – that contain plant enzymes from fruits such as Papain from Papaya or Bromelain from Pineapples.
- Enzyme Polish
- Retinol Mask
- Green Tea Tightening Mask
4. Freshen Things Up With a Face Mask
Face Masks can address summertime skin situations with high levels of actives that work rapidly delivering instant results. Whether it is dehydration, over-exposure to the elements, or breakouts due to summer sweat and pollution, masks address the concern by covering the entire face and infusing pores with ingredients that hydrate, soothe sun exposure, exfoliate, and draw out impurities. Private label masks are another tier of treatment that can be added to a skincare routine improving the buyer’s complexion and the seller’s bottom line. Trilogy offers these masks that you can privately brand:
- Clear Skin Mask – to reduce blemishes and even skin tone.
- Moisture Mask – to rejuvenate and purify dull complexions.
- Magic O2 Mask – perfect post-treatment for help with repair.
- French Pink Cream Mask – rescues oily and irritable complexions.
- Gentle Enzyme Mask – exfoliates revealing fresh, glowing skin.
- Turmeric and Ginger Brightening Mask – illuminates and calms.
5. Treat Sun Damage as Soon as Possible
Sun happens. So, when it does, remedy the situation as quickly as possible with soothing botanicals that calm inflammation and reduce discomfort and deeply hydrating elixirs with antioxidants that help repair cellular damage. Private label a variety of post-sun care products:
- Repair Gel – hydrates and calms fussy, overexposed skin.
- Regenerating Serum with Growth Factors – stimulates rejuvenation.
- Lip Recovery Mask – Antioxidants protect against free radicals.
- Tropical Body Balm – Mango Butter and Vitamin E melt into parched skin.
- Hibiscus & Passionflower Bath Soak – salts and flower petals soothe.
Trilogy Laboratories is a one-stop shop for starting your private label eye care and skincare line for your spa, medical office, or online store making it easy to offer seasonal skin-quenching concoctions that increase customer loyalty and revenue. We also provide custom manufacturing services for your convenience. Contact a Trilogy Project Consultant that can give you the details and assist you with the development of your personally branded skincare line, even for dermatologists and estheticians.
Posted in: Professional Skin Care